Expand the accordions to find out how to prepare for your appointment, and what to expect during and after monitoring.
- Do not use WaterTabs® if you are allergic to parabens.
- Do not use WaterTabs, refill or repair gel, on broken skin.
- Sense's QuickConnect has a magnet inside. This poses a risk for people with implanted devices, including anyone who may enter into close contact with the patient. Any implanted device should be kept at least 6 inches (15 cm) away from the magnets.
- For AU/UK patients: Do not use Sense if you have indwelling devices.
Before your appointment, make the following preparations:
- Organize to bring someone with you who'll be able to help you at home.
- Come with clean and dry hair. Don't use conditioner or other oil-based hair products when washing prior to the appointment.
- Download the Seer app. You can use the app to record your events. While you’re undergoing monitoring, any events you log will be time stamped onto your study.
- Wear a button-up or loose-fitting shirt so it's easy to stick the electrodes to your chest.
- Arrange to travel home by car (if feasible) so it's easier to take the equipment with you.
- Write down any questions you might want to ask during your appointment.
During your appointment, you'll be connected to electrodes on your head and chest. These electrodes record your brain and heart data and connect to Sense – a lightweight device that you wear over your shoulders.
The appointment will take approximately 1 – 1.5 hours.
After your appointment, you'll take some devices home with you, including Sense, Sight, and the Take-home kit and monitoring portal.
The day after your study while still at home, you'll: