Expand the headings to find out what to expect before your appointment, and during and after monitoring.
Before your appointment, make the following preparations:
- Organize to bring someone with you to the appointment who'll be able to help you at home.
- Come with clean and dry hair. Wash with shampoo but don't use conditioner or other hair products.
- Download the Seer app. You can use it to manage your medication and record your events.
- Wear a button-up or loose-fitting shirt so it's easy to stick the electrodes to your chest.
- Arrange to travel home by car (if feasible) so it's easier to take the equipment with you.
- Write down any questions you might want to ask during your appointment.
During your appointment, you'll be connected to electrodes on your head and chest. These electrodes connect to Sense via a magnetic connector. The appointment will take approximately 1 – 1.5 hours.
After your appointment, you'll take Sense, Sight, and the Take-home Kit and monitoring portal home with you.
When you get back home, you'll be able to continue with daily life with some differences.
- Set up Sight and stay in view of the camera as much as possible – so Sight captures your events as they happen.
- When you want to take a shower, you'll take off Sense and put on the shower cap.
The day after your study while still at home, you'll: